- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 500gm ground turkey
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 – 8 ounce black beans, drained
- 1 450gm can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese or low fat ricotta
- 1 jalapeno, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Handful Shallots
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, onion, and salt. Brown until turkey is fully cooked.
Add drained black beans and stir to mix.
In a small bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
Pour over the corn tortillas.
Sprinkle with cheese, jalapenos
Place cover on the skillet; turn the heat to medium-low, and cook until the cheese melts, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove cover, and sprinkle skillet with avocado, tomatoes, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Once cooked put mix in Whole grain wraps to create your enchilada. Sprinkle Shallots on top
Or serve with a mixed salad on a plate for a low carbohydrate option