Peanut butter and Jelly cookies for Christmas
- 100g of rolled oats
- 100g of wholewheat or spelt flour if you want gluten free option just replace with gluten free flour or buckwheat flour
- ½ cup of ground almonds
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of of filtered water (cold)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
Homemade raspberry chia jam (recipe below)
- Place the oats into a food processor or blender and blend until its oat flour. Place to the side.
- Place the chia seeds and water into a small bowl, stir and set aside to thicken for about 10 minutes. Stir it at least once again.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pot, and then fill it into a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add the coconut sugar, peanut butter, chia-mix, vanilla extract and mix until well combined,
- Now add the ground oats, ground almonds, flour and mix well. If the dough is too dry, add one tablespoon of cold water. Place the dough into the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough on the kitchen counter that you sprinkled with flour. Knead it quickly, then roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters of any shapes to cut out dough. Cut smaller shapes into the middle for the jam.
- Place the cookies onto a baking sheet aligned with baking paper and bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Check regularly to determine the time as these will burn quickly.
- Let the cookies cool for a bit, then place about little of healthy jam on the cookies.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons filtered water.
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend them until smooth. Add a little extra water if needed
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
This can last for one week refrigerated.
Store in an airtight container in fridge