Peanut butter and Jelly cookies for Christmas
- 100g of rolled oats
- 100g of gluten free flour or buckwheat flour
- ½ cup of ground walnuts
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- Place the oats into a food processor or blender and blend until its oat flour. Place to the side.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pot, and then fill it into a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add the coconut sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and mix until well combined,
- Now add the ground oats, ground walnuts, flour and mix well. If the dough is too dry, add one tablespoon of cold water. Place the dough into the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough on the kitchen counter that you sprinkled with flour. Knead it quickly, then roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters of any shapes to cut out dough. Cut smaller shapes into the middle for the jam if you like otherwise can be left to dob the jam on top of cookies.
- Place the cookies onto a baking sheet aligned with baking paper and bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Check regularly to determine the time as these will burn quickly.
- Let the cookies cool for a bit, then place about little of jam on the cookies.
For the filling:
Homemade strawberry jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons filtered water.
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend them until smooth. Add a little extra water if needed
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
This can last for one week refrigerated.
Store in an airtight container in fridge